From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie question
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:09:04 GMT
Create 2 logger higherarchies.  One normal and one for business
events.  Then it should be easy to split them into two separate files.

On 3/16/06, Gunter, Tony <tony.gunter@bearingpoint.com> wrote:

> I want to use log4j in my application to write to two separate log
> files, one OHCRAP log file for techies to dig through with warnings,
> errors, and debugging, and one informational log file that will log
> business events for possible reporting use at a later date.
>

> I purchased a copy of the log4j manual, but in lieu of reading the
> entire thing, is there an easy/standard way of accomplishing this?  If
> you could point me to a page number, that would suffice.  Any help would
> be greatly appreciated!

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message
to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

--
James Stauffer