From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw Tab Names
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:30:36 GMT
You can use any of the event fields to define the 'tab identifier' used to route events in
Chainsaw.

LogFilePatternReceiver adds two properties to each event to facilitate routing: 'hostname'
and 'application'.  I could add a 'filename' property which would be just the file name portion
of the URL, and you could then change the Chainsaw tab identifier to PROP.FILENAME.

Another option is to support the truncation of tab names in Chainsaw (display only the last
x characters on a tab).  This one would take a bit of work but wouldn't affect the receiver.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201