From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [Chainsaw]: New bundles created for general consumption
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:40:31 GMT
Thanks for the feedback -

You can download a Chainsaw bundle that includes a .bat and .sh file from the 'Unix/Dos standalone'
link right below the Web Start link on the page.

There's a Mac DMG available there as well.

Regarding Web Start - Web Start is a built-in way to ensure you have the latest version of
Chainsaw.

The first time you launch the app via Web Start, you should be prompted if you want it to
create an icon on your desktop.  It will download our jars, create the icon and launch Chainsaw.

Each time you launch Chainsaw from the Web Start link or the icon, Web Start will check to
see if there is a new version, download any updates if needed and launch Chainsaw.

Web Start has been included as a part of the Java installation since 1.4.

If you are using Chainsaw from a machine that has internet access, the Web Start link is the
easiest way to get started (one click to launch it).  Otherwise, the bundles are the way to
go.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950