From "Gunter, Tony" <tony.gun...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: newbie question
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:41:16 GMT

Okay, against the advice of you guys, I set up two root hierarchies.
One hierarchy is for my actual logging, and the other hierarchy is for
my business events... this is to prevent some numbnuts from changing the
hierarchy threshold and accidentally turning off the business event
reporting.  I am creating the new root Hierarchy inside my code by
calling:

eventRoot = new Hierarchy(new RootLogger(Level.DEBUG));

Out of curiosity, is there any way to create a separate and distinct
root hierarchy in the properties file rather than dynamically generating
one in the code?