From Max Stolyarov <MStolya...@licensetech.com>
Subject Unable to compile log4j-1.2.13
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:08:51 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to compile the latest release of log4j-1.2.13 and I am running
into problems. I modified the build.properties file, downloaded all the
needed jars, but when I compile I get the following java compiler error:

build.core:

    [javac] Compiling 158 source files to
C:\Programming\logging-log4j-1.2.13\di

st\classes

    [javac] javac: invalid source release: 1.1

    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>

    [javac] where possible options include:

    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info

    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info

    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info

    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings

    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the
compiler

is doing

    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where
deprecated

 APIs are used

    [javac]   -classpath <path>         Specify where to find user class
files

    [javac]   -sourcepath <path>        Specify where to find input source
files

    [javac]   -bootclasspath <path>     Override location of bootstrap class
fil

es

    [javac]   -extdirs <dirs>           Override location of installed
extension

    [javac]   -d <directory>            Specify where to place generated
class f

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Max