From "Philip Denno" <pde...@tsi.bc.ca>
Subject RE: Can I open a log4J file in a share mode
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:05:21 GMT
No you can't, this is windows file locking behaviour and has nothing to
do with log4j.

Cheers,
Philip.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunaranjan Pemmaraju [mailto:guna_pemmaraju@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:41 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Can I open a log4J file in a share mode

a) I have the following settings
log4j.appender.defaultAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.defaultAppender.MaxFileSize=10000KB
log4j.appender.defaultAppender.File=d:\test.log
log4j.appender.systemOutAppender=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

b) Now while my process is on, I cannot write anything into the log file
test.log If I change the text in the file and try saving it, it says
that "sharing violation occured..."

Can you please let me know know if there is an option by which I can
open the file in a share mode, rather than an exclusive mode?

thanks