From "Gunaranjan Pemmaraju" <guna_pemmar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can I open a log4J file in a share mode
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:40:50 GMT
a) I have the following settings
log4j.appender.defaultAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.defaultAppender.MaxFileSize=10000KB
log4j.appender.defaultAppender.File=d:\test.log
log4j.appender.systemOutAppender=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

b) Now while my process is on, I cannot write anything into the log file
test.log
If I change the text in the file and try saving it, it says that "sharing
violation occured..."

Can you please let me know know if there is an option by which I can open
the file in a share mode, rather than an exclusive mode?

thanks