From "Graham Renney" <Grah...@discovery.co.za>
Subject RE: different log4J log files for same application
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:31:25 GMT
Hi

Try this:

Create 3 properties files named log4j_1211.properties or whatever name
you like and in each properties file (you will have 3 properties files
for your 3 application instances) change the path to the log file.

add -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties to your command line pointing
to each properties file
e.g. 	java com.sample.MyApp
-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j_1211.properties 1211
	java com.sample.MyApp
-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j_1311.properties 1311
	java com.sample.MyApp
-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j_1411.properties 1411

This tells log4j to use that particular file for its config.

Hope this helps
Graham Renney

-----Original Message-----
From: Bender Heri [mailto:HBender@Ergonomics.ch]
Sent: Monday 06 March 2006 11:20
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: different log4J log files for same application

This issue was discussed last week extensively. See mail archive.
Heri

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If
you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery immediately, telephone number
+27 11 529 2888. Any unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this
email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any manner
whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages
arising from use of this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from
any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data that may be stored
on any information handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is virus
free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery
is an Authorised Financial Services Provider.