From "Sanchez, Kenny J" <Kenny.Sanc...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Externalize File Name for an APPENDER
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:57:39 GMT
Got it!! Thanks for the quick response!!

Kenny

-----Original Message-----
From: Bender Heri [mailto:HBender@Ergonomics.ch]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:57 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Externalize File Name for an APPENDER

The instance of an appender will be a singleton. All loggers which have this
appender attached use the same instance of the appender. Therefore you cant
use the same appender for different output files. This is valid within one
logger universe, means within one JVM and classloader.

Either you define separate appenders for each desired file or you apply a
technique to separate different logger universes (classloader, log4j
repository selector).

Heri