From Dirk Ooms <d...@onesparrow.com>
Subject TimeBasedRollingPolicy & application restart
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:40:00 GMT
I asked this question a few weeks ago without success. I'll rephrase it.

I have an application that runs a couple of times per day. I configured it with a RollingFileAppender
with daily rollover. The problem is that if the application is not running at midnight, the
rollover does not happen. My impression is that log4j is not checking the date of the log
file when it opens the file at application start-up (if it would check the date, it could
decide to rollover if the date of the last change was yesterday).  Is my observation correct?
If so, would it be a good thing to have this date check?

cheers,
dirk