From "Clemens Eisserer" <linuxhi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j Web-Deployment best practices question
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:47:15 GMT
This is just what I did to workarround the problem since I had similar
problems with commons-logging/log4j under tomcat:

I just renamed the package which contains log4j - therefor creating my
own fork of Log4J with the only difference that instead of using log4j
as package name - i used log4p.
It now also works at the shared tomcat instance of a cheap hoster.

Its a dirty hack and ugly since you need to do it wor every new
version of log4j but it works and is done in 5min.

lg Clemens