From Stephen Schaub <stephen_schaub...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to make Eclipse recognize log4j messages in its console buffer and hyperlink to the statement that created it?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:55:58 GMT
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <nospam0000 <at> c.dk> writes:

> We use Eclipse for development and I like the way that stacktraces are
> shown and linked to the underlying source, so I was pondering whether
> similar functionality is possible for the numerous debug messages we
> have?  I looked at the Ganymede plugin, but it requires an alternate
> log4j configuration, which I would prefer not to have.
>
> Is there other approaches for this?  Or should I look into conditional
> configuration files?

It's been a long time since this original post, but I was looking for a
solution, found it, and thought I would share it for the archives:

Here's a log4j ConversionPattern I use that gives hyperlinked
log messages in my Eclipse 3.1.1 console:

log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=
   %d{HH:mm:ss} %-5p - %m [at %C.(%F:%L)]%n

See more info here:

http://www.digital-seven.net/index.php?option=com_content&
task=view&id=35&Itemid=45

Regards,