From Sam Preston <j.sam.pres...@gmail.com>
Subject logger as a Jini service?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:57:08 GMT
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has worked on an RMI-based logger that
might be modified to be used as a Jini service?

I have several programs running on different machines, and I'd like to
monitor all of them from a single computer.  If loggers registered
themselves with a lookup service, then my central logging program
wouldn't have to know which computer each was running on--it could
just browse the lookup service for the loggers I want to see, or
request all logger services.

Any thoughts / previous work in this area?

Thanks,

-Sam