From Javier Gonzalez <jagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with using both the config files (log4j.xml & log4j.properties)
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:55:02 GMT
On 2/8/06, Praveen Kumar Hasthalapuram <praveen.hasthal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Currently we are using *log4j.properties* in our product, we have several
> log files with respect to modules.
> We need to use *filters* for one of the *module* (Say module_1) only.
> So, i have configured *log4j.xml* for this module alone to *filter* the
> specific messages and
> remaining modules(say module_2, module_3 and so on..) configured in *
> log4j.properties*.
>
> And i could see some strange behaviour, as *stederr.log* file is filled up
> with some module (say module_3) log messages.
> Which shouldn't happen.
>
> 1. What could be the wrong?
>
> 2. Can we use both the files (.xml and .properties) to configure log? Is
> it
> right way to use?

As far as I know, (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), you can't. Your
xml file will get read first and that's the configuration that will be used
for the whole system. The .properties file will be ignored.

And one more thing is When i ran the application,
> the following exception is thrown and it is logged in *stderr.log* file:
>
> 33108 [main] ERROR digester.Digester  - Parse Error at line 102 column 11:
> The content of element type "web-app" must match
>
> "(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*)".
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
> match

looks like a syntax error in a xml file, perhaps web.xml?

--
Javier Gonzalez Nicolini