From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Trouble specifing logFormat in LogFileReceiver
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:18:37 GMT
This is actually a problem for lots of folks even on the Java side since a lot of people use
%5p to make the logs easier to read.

We'll have to think about it a bit.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Svensen [mailto:Thomas.Svensen@fast.no]
Sent: Wed 2/1/2006 10:16 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Trouble specifing logFormat in LogFileReceiver

Ehh, sorry for bothering you again already, but I am having one other
issue with this. Our application uses these log level:

DEBUG
VERBOSE
STATUS
INFO
WARNING
ERROR
FATAL

(yes, too many)

Anyway, the ones that map exactly to log4j levels work out-of-the-box,
and the ones that are "DEBUG variations", ie. VERBOSE and STATUS get
mapped to DEBUG, which is OK (but it would be very nice if the text was
displayed "as is" in the detail pane at least...).

The problem is "WARNING": It gets mapped to "DEBUG", not "WARN".

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, again :)

- Thomas