From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: JmsAppender bug?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:27:56 GMT

> What is really needed is some unit tests around this appender.
> Apparently, it has been doubly broken in log4j 1.3 for a long
> time.  I did this patch from observation and haven't attempted to
> set up a test, let me know if gets you any further.

There's the possibility of using activemq for the test.  The
JMSAppender uses the JNDI context stuff, so we should be able to run
an activemq broker 'embedded' using brokerURL of 'vm://localhost',
allowing an easy way to test it.  Not sure how to register the topic
in JNDI using activemq, see http://www.activemq.org/JNDI+Support

May be a good test option.

Paul