From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: activateOptions() in RollingFileAppender
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 05:29:55 GMT

On Feb 7, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Rahul wrote:

> Hi Curt,
>
> You said when configuration file (log4j.xml in my case) is used for
> configuring log4j, the configuration file reader will call the
> activateOptions().
> But what needs to be written in configuration file which will tell
> the configuration file reader to call activateOptions() ?

Nothing.

The configurator will create the appender in response to the
<appender> tag, process all the <param> tags by calling the
corresponding set methods and then call activateOptions() when it
encounters the </appender> end tag.

> I did that by giving an additional parameter under
> RollingFileAppender as:
> <param name="activateOptions()" value="true" />
> but its not working
> any suggestion?

Take it out.  It is interpreting that as a request to call a method
with the illegal name "setActivateOptions()".  That will throw an
exception and I'm not sure that the rest of the configuration file
will be processed.