From kameron cole <kernelk...@gmail.com>
Subject where do you put the log4j.properties in J2EE?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:01:30 GMT
I've searched wide for the answer of where to put the log4j.properties file
in a J2EE system.  It's kind of sad to me that none of the articles begins
to address this really essential part of the set up.

in one obscure post, someone said a "quick fix" was to put it in one of the
extension classloader folders for the various appservers.  can't really be a
good thing, since it would affect everybody else's log4j.  still, it does
work.

so, it's not a problem that I don't understand the classpath - it's that
log4j looks somewhere, not everywhere, for a file called log4j.properties.
someone must know that exact place where the log4j designers intended to put
that file.

thank you for any and all answers.

--
yours,