From Praveen Kumar Hasthalapuram <praveen.hast...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with using both the config files (log4j.xml & log4j.properties)
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:36:53 GMT
Hi All,

Currently we are using *log4j.properties* in our product, we have several
log files with respect to modules.
We need to use *filters* for one of the *module* (Say module_1) only.
So, i have configured *log4j.xml* for this module alone to *filter* the
specific messages and
remaining modules(say module_2, module_3 and so on..) configured in *
log4j.properties*.

And i could see some strange behaviour, as *stederr.log* file is filled up
with some module (say module_3) log messages.
Which shouldn't happen.

1. What could be the wrong?

2. Can we use both the files (.xml and .properties) to configure log? Is it
right way to use?

And one more thing is When i ran the application,
the following exception is thrown and it is logged in *stderr.log* file:

33108 [main] ERROR digester.Digester  - Parse Error at line 102 column 11:
The content of element type "web-app" must match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*)".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*)".
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196)
 at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.reportRecoverableXMLError(
XMLValidator.java:1781)
 at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(
XMLValidator.java:1425)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(
XMLDocumentScanner.java:1149)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(
XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1543)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(
ContextConfig.java:282)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:639)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(
ContextConfig.java:243)
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(
LifecycleSupport.java:166)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java
:3567)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java
:273)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java
:245)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java
:307)

Pl suggest me.

Thanks,
Praveen