From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrapping logger
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:25:41 GMT
I strongly recommend avoiding it.

Many people feel that the need to add a new level when they are
really trying to control the audience that receives the message, not
the significance of the message to the audience.  If you are trying
to control the audience, you can accomplish that through use of the
logger name which does not require extending log4j.

See previous threads on this topic like:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4j-user/
200512.mbox/%3c56A5C4B2-BA1B-474F-8017-0D9763B27219@apache.org%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4j-user/
200508.mbox/%
3c2F8048C5DB63E6498D846B0D08AF68670C54C6@LexMSX01.exstream.com%3e

If you still think you want to add a custom level, describe your
scenario and maybe we can help you reach a better solution.