From "Matthias Petersen" <m.peter...@mssys.com>
Subject log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null]
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:00:09 GMT
Hi,
I'm currently running log4j 1.2.8 in a Java 1.5 environment. Although I
didn't change my applications, suddenly I receive the message "log4j:ERROR
Attempted to append to closed appender named [null]".

My source code ends with the following statements:

this.oLogger.info( "Ende der LE-Stamm-Erzeugung." );

oFileAppender.close();
oConsoleAppender.close();

The output of the console is:
06.02.2006 21:42:22 INFO  com.mssys.kvai.ar.le.LE_STAMM_ERZEUGUNG Ende der
LE-Stamm-Erzeugung.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].

I've done a lot of tests and the results are:
- The problem occures with Java 1.4 and Java 1.5
- The problem occures on Windows and HP (maybe with SunOS)
- The problem occures with log4j 1.2.8 and 1.2.13
- The problem occures even if I have just one Appender
- My applications is just one task, so multithreading is not the problem
- The problem occures mostly on heavy activity on my workstation
- The problem is not always reproducable

Does anybody has a idea ?

Matthias Petersen

--
ms management systems gmbh