From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject chainsaw sometims duplicates events from log file
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:32:09 GMT

I'm seeing an issue where sometimes, not all the time (not all files I've
loaded), when I load a log file using VFSLogFilePatternReceiver (might be
applicable to any LogFilePatternReceiver, but happened to be using the VFS one
connecting via SFTP, in this case), I get some duplicated events.

What I mean is that for 2 given log entries that Chainsaw reports, the entries
are duplicates except for the log4jid value that they are assigned.  I double
checked the log file itself and, indeed, for the current example, there is only
one line in the log file for which Chainsaw is displaying 2 distinct events
(that is, having two different log4jid's).  I haven't checked exhaustively, but
I've seen at least 4 different cases of this.  It makes seem like more stuff has
happened than actually did.

Any idea what might be causing this?  Is this a known issue?

Jake