From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw: release_20060202 updated
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:26:42 GMT
Quoting Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com>:

> The first issue definitely sounds like a cache issue.  Didn't think
> of IE's cache, what Scott says sounds reasonable. (You could always
> try launching it via, say, Firefox to see if you get a different
> effect?)

Scott's suggestion for clearing the browser cache (in this case, Seamonkey)
seems to have done the trick!  It launches just fine now :-)

> > 2.  Using my LogFilePatternReceiver config, which used to work
> > fine, to view
> > files on my local file system, it only shows only the first line of
> > the file
> > where the same config used to show all the lines of the file in the
> > previous
> > webstart version.  Here's my config followed by a sample log file
> > line (of
> > which there a sevaral hundred existing, but only the first one
> > displays in
> > Chainsaw ATM)...
> >
> >     <plugin name="LogFileReceiver1"
> > class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
> >         <param name="fileURL"
> > value="file:///C:/bea/user_projects/domains/mydomain/config/logs/
> > myserver-main.log"/>
> >         <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd
> > HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
> >         <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL LOGGER -
> > MESSAGE"/>
> >         <param name="name" value="MainLog"/>
> >         <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
> >     </plugin>
> >
> > 2005-12-19 16:21:53,471 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl
> > - Reading
> > CodeTable -: CompanyCode
> >

> To completely eliminate webstart from the mix, could you try the
> chainsaw-bundle.zip shell script version and see if you get the same
> issue?

I'll try that out.  Not sure I'll get to it today, but soon.

> Incidently what is the _2nd_ line in the log file?

Here's the first 7 lines...

2005-12-19 16:21:53,471 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: CompanyCode
2005-12-19 16:21:54,783 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: ReqCodeTr
2005-12-19 16:21:56,185 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: EmailtypeCode
2005-12-19 16:21:56,285 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: GenderCode
2005-12-19 16:21:56,365 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: PolprodCode
2005-12-19 16:21:56,566 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: ReqCode
2005-12-19 16:22:00,602 INFO  model.codetable.CodeTableServiceImpl - Reading
CodeTable -: PolicyStatusCode

> > 3.  Although I don't get the classloader issues I used to get with
> > the old
> > webstart version, it still can't seem to connect.  It just says it
> > can't look
> > up the file and tries again every 10 seconds.  I haven't yet
> > verified whether I
> > can use the VFS API to look up the file myself, but I can get to
> > the file by
> > using a a GUI SFTP client to browse to the file using the same path
> > defined in
> > my config.  Here's the config below (with the details changed to
> > protect the
> > innocent)...
>
> Did the previous version of Chainsaw work with that sort of password?

Well, the previous version of chainsaw never worked at all.  I always used the
webstart version so this was my first time being able to define a
VFSLogFilePatternReceiver without Chainsaw having classloader issues.  I'll do
as Scott suggests and change my password to not have a "?" and try again.
Again, I wouldn't worry about this too much until I've had a chance to narrow
down the possible causes of the issue.

Jake