From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw: release_20060202 updated
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:19:11 GMT
Quoting Scott Deboy <sdeboy@comotivsystems.com>:

> I've seen problems before (especially with folks using IE) where cleaning the
> browser cache corrects odd Web Start issues.  Can you try that?

I'm using a very recent nightly of Seamonkey Application Suite.  I use IE only
when I'm forced to.

> The ? may be an issue wrt VFS - once we get this working can you change your
> password to see if it works without a (?) ?

yeah, I'll try that and let you know if it works.

> I'd delete any cached Chainsaw apps in your Java console, clear browser
> cache, then browse to:
>
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/
>
> And click the chainsawWebStart.jnlp link.
>
> Let us know if that helps.

I had deleted my webstart console cache many times before, but it seems that the
clearing of the browser cache is what finally did the trick!  Thanks for the tip
:-)

Any comment on my other issues in my other email reply?

thanks,

Jake

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/upload/webstart-bundle-20060202/chainsawWebStart.jnlp