From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw: release_20060202 updated
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:11:39 GMT

Hi Paul,

I get the following error when trying to install via webstart...

JNLPException[category: Download Error : Exception: java.io.IOException: HTTP
response 404 : LaunchDesc: null ]
	at com.sun.javaws.cache.DownloadProtocol.doDownload(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.cache.DownloadProtocol.getDownloadSize(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadJarFiles(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadEagerorAll(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.downloadResources(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I pulled up the webstart console and removed the existing install that I had,
since it pointed to the temporary location.  I even went into preferences and
deleted all files in the cache.  Then, I went to the web page to launch
Chainsaw via webstart.  That's when webstart reported the error above.  Looks
like something's not quite right.

Jake