From "Philip Denno" <pde...@tsi.bc.ca>
Subject RE: How do I specify the location of the XML file to DOMConfigurator?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:42:13 GMT
Actually I found that if you give it the absolute path to the file it
works but relative paths do not. Is there something else I need to do in
order to get relative paths to work?

Cheers,
Philip.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Denno [mailto:pdenno@tsi.bc.ca]
Sent: January 26, 2006 12:11 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: How do I specify the location of the XML file to
DOMConfigurator?

Currently I use Property Files to configure log4j but would like to
migrate to the XML version.

Using property files I use the ResourceBundle API to look up my
properties and then pass this to PropertyConfigurator.configure(). This
mechanism works fine.

How do I do the equivalent operation on DOMConfigurator? I tried using
DOMConfigurator.configure(filename) but it tells me the file cannot be
found.

I do not want to use default initialization.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Philip.