From "Sriram Venkatasubramanian" <Sriram.Venkatasubraman...@adeasolutions.com>
Subject RE: How to read the logs written using log4j
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 06:25:50 GMT
You can write a custom layout class (ApplicationLoggingLayout ) which
can convert the log as html (applog) and access the html directly .

	<appender name="IFOX_INBOUND"
class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
		<param name="File"
value="${oracle.j2ee.home}/log/applog.html"/>
		<param name="Append" value="true"/>
		<param name="MaxFileSize" value="200KB"/>
		<param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="100"/>
		<layout class="ApplicationLoggingLayout">
		<param name="LocationInfo" value="false"/>
		</layout>
	</appender>

cc
>              AM
>              Mail Size: 5833
Subject
>                                        How to read the logs written
using
>              Please respond to         log4j
>                "Log4J Users                                        Our
Ref
>                    List"
>              <log4j-user@loggi                                    Your
Ref
>               ng.apache.org>
>

> Hello,
>

> Is there any process to read the logs written using log4j? I am able
> write the logs to a file using log4j but I didn't find any API in
log4j
> for
> reading the logs
>

> It would be great help if anyone has worked on reading the logs
written
> using log4j or any other third party tool which can read the logs
written
> using log4j
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards
>
> dayakar

attachments
> this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
and