From James Stauffer <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To Screen *NOT* to Console
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:20:36 GMT
On 12/13/05, Slaughter, Stan <Stan.Slaughter@telecheck.com> wrote:
> What do I need to do to set up an Appender to log to the screen not the
> console?
>
> The equivalent of out.print in a JSP file instead of System.out.print
>
> I need to let the user know when an error occurs and logging error messages
> to a console does not do it.  I'd think a common task would be to send
> messages to the screen, yet I can't find a Screen Appender.  What am I
> overlooking?
>
> Does log4j-1.2.12 not support this?  Will I have to duplicate all my error
> messages with an equivalent out.print statement?

What exactly do you mean by "the screen"?  Is there a resonable
definition that would even work most of the time?  What would it be
for a Swing desktop app?  What would it be for a web service?  What
would it be for a JSP (where would it write it)?
I don't see how there could be a ScreenAppender just because it would
be near impossible for it to do something logical most of the time.
--
James Stauffer