From "Slaughter, Stan" <Stan.Slaugh...@TeleCheck.com>
Subject To Screen *NOT* to Console
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:29:27 GMT
What do I need to do to set up an Appender to log to the screen not the
console?

The equivalent of out.print in a JSP file instead of System.out.print

I need to let the user know when an error occurs and logging error messages
to a console does not do it.  I'd think a common task would be to send
messages to the screen, yet I can't find a Screen Appender.  What am I
overlooking?

Does log4j-1.2.12 not support this?  Will I have to duplicate all my error
messages with an equivalent out.print statement?

Application Architect
Stan.Slaughter@TeleCheck.Com
Ext 6418

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential,
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by
replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.