From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw V2 Build Problems
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:32:54 GMT
1. Download the latest log4j 1.3 jar
2. Download ORO binary
3. Download VFS from the Jakarta commons project
3. In Chainsaw's build.properties file, modify the jakarta-oro.jar arg to point to the oro
jar
4. In Chainsaw's build.properties file, modify the deps.dir argument to point to where you
put the log4j 1.3 jar and VFS jar (
5. run the 'chainsaw' ant target

If you want to use VFSLogFilePatternReceiver, you'll need VFS's dependencies in the lib.dir
as well (commons-logging, jsch jar, etc.)

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pitoniak [mailto:michael_pitoniak@symantec.com]
Sent: Mon 10/31/2005 3:14 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Chainsaw V2 Build Problems

Team,

 I downloaded the logging-chainsaw module from the apache CVS server, and
tried to build it using the support  jar files that are used on the web
start version of chainsaw, but I get compile errors (3).
Can someone let me know how to build chainsaw V2? I tried using the ant
script on the web page with no luck as well. If someone could post
instructions, or a zip of the latest kit it would be enormously
appreciated. I struggled with this the entire weekend  :)

thx,

mike