From "Harp, George" <GH...@GAINSystems.com>
Subject RE: package org.apache.log4j does not exist
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:51:03 GMT
log4j.jar in your classpath maybe? or the classes themselves not in the classpath if
you unpacked them?

-----Original Message-----
From: Denise Mangano [mailto:Denisem@complusdata.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 10:50 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: package org.apache.log4j does not exist

I am new to Log4j and I am running into a problem getting it to work on
my server.  I have done the following:

1) Downloaded files from logging.apache.org and extracted them to a
directory of my choice.

2) I defined $LOG4J_HOME and added $LOG4J_HOME/dist/lib/log4j-1.2.12.jar
to my $PATH in .bash_profile.

3) I used the simple Hello.java program from the INSTALL file.  I try to
compile but it complains that "package org.apache.log4j does not exist".

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Denise