logging-log4j-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Stauffer <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:33:27 GMT
It could be your mail client.  Try a text-based email client.

On 7/27/05, Rafal Kedziorski <rafcio@polonium.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm using SMTPAppender in my JBoss with this configuration:
> 
>      <!-- An EMail appender -->
>      <appender name="SMTP" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender">
>          <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>
>          <param name="EvaluatorClass"
> value="org.jboss.logging.appender.WarnLevelEventEvaluator"/>
>          <param name="Threshold" value="WARN"/>
>          <param name="To" value="rafcio@polonium.de"/>
>          <param name="From" value="rkedziorski@magix.net"/>
>          <param name="Subject" value="Server-Log-Message
> [${jboss.server.name}]"/>
>          <param name="SMTPHost" value="10.0.0.20"/>
>          <param name="BufferSize" value="512"/>
> 
>          <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>              <param name="ConversionPattern"
>                value="[%d{ISO8601}]%n%n%-5p%n%n%c%n%n%m%n%n" />
>          </layout>
>          <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">
>              <param name="LevelMin" value="ERROR"/>
>              <param name="LevelMax" value="FATAL"/>
>          </filter>
>      </appender>
> 
> Than my mails with exceptions looks so:
> 
> [2005-07-27 11:05:34,575]
> 
> FATAL
> 
> net.magix.web.api.request.payment.AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0
> 
> run() failed
> 
> net.magix.exception.OMAException:
> InvoiceBean::addToInvoiceWhiteList() can't add new user at
> net.magix.ejb.payment.sessionbeans.InvoiceBean.addToInvoiceWhiteList(InvoiceBean.java:258)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)     at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)
> at
> org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:395)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:150)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:111)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)
> at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:709)   at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:419)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)
> at $Proxy1234.addToInvoiceWhiteList(Unknown Source)     at
> net.magix.ejb.payment.sessionbeans.PaymentFacadeBean.addToInvoiceWhiteList(PaymentFacadeBean.java:925)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)  at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)     at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)
> at
> org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:317)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:150)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:111)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)
> at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:709)   at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:419)
> at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)
> at $Proxy1232.addToInvoiceWhiteList(Unknown Source)     at
> net.magix.web.api.request.payment.AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0.run(AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0.java:61)
> at
> net.magix.web.api.request.RequestQueryAnalyzer.analyzeDocument(RequestQueryAnalyzer.java:168)
> at net.magix.web.api.XMLServlet.parseXML(XMLServlet.java:172)   at
> net.magix.web.api.XMLServlet.doPost(XMLServlet.java:136)        at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)    at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)    at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)   at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:525)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)   at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:879)        at
> org.jboss.jetty.Jetty.service(Jetty.java:460)   at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)        at
> org.mortbay.http.ajp.AJP13Connection.handleNext(AJP13Connection.java:273)
> at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)      at
> org.mortbay.http.ajp.AJP13Listener.handleConnection(AJP13Listener.java:199)
> at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:331)      at
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:520)
> 
> 
> And in my log file:
> 
> 2005-07-27 11:05:34,575 FATAL
> [net.magix.web.api.request.payment.AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0] run() failed
> net.magix.exception.OMAException:
> InvoiceBean::addToInvoiceWhiteList() can't add new user
>          at
> net.magix.ejb.payment.sessionbeans.InvoiceBean.addToInvoiceWhiteList(InvoiceBean.java:258)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>          at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>          at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)
>          at
> org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
> 
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)
> 
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:395)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:150)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:111)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)
>          at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:709)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:419)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)
>          at $Proxy1234.addToInvoiceWhiteList(Unknown Source)
>          at
> net.magix.ejb.payment.sessionbeans.PaymentFacadeBean.addToInvoiceWhiteList(PaymentFacadeBean.java:925)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>          at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>          at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)
>          at
> org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
> 
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)
> 
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:317)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:150)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:111)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)
>          at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:709)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:419)
>          at
> org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)
>          at $Proxy1232.addToInvoiceWhiteList(Unknown Source)
>          at
> net.magix.web.api.request.payment.AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0.run(AddInvoiceWhiteList_1_0.java:61)
>          at
> net.magix.web.api.request.RequestQueryAnalyzer.analyzeDocument(RequestQueryAnalyzer.java:168)
>          at net.magix.web.api.XMLServlet.parseXML(XMLServlet.java:172)
>          at net.magix.web.api.XMLServlet.doPost(XMLServlet.java:136)
>          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>          at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
>          at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
>          at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
>          at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
>          at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:525)
>          at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
>          at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:879)
>          at org.jboss.jetty.Jetty.service(Jetty.java:460)
>          at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)
>          at
> org.mortbay.http.ajp.AJP13Connection.handleNext(AJP13Connection.java:273)
>          at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)
>          at
> org.mortbay.http.ajp.AJP13Listener.handleConnection(AJP13Listener.java:199)
>          at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:331)
>          at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:520)
> 
> How can I configure my STMP appender to format exceptions correctly?
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Rafal
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org
> 
> 


-- 
James Stauffer
Are you good? Take the test at http://www.livingwaters.com/good/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org


Mime
View raw message