From Mike Wannamaker <Mike.Wannama...@KINGSTON.Hummingbird.com>
Subject RE: Log4j logging to System.out?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:54:51 GMT
No I don't touch it.  Can I set additivity to false for my root logger so
that it doesn't relay events yet all my child loggers will?

--ekiM

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier Gonzalez [mailto:jagonzal@gmail.com]
Sent: July 21, 2005 5:01 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Log4j logging to System.out?

So you don't touch the root logger anywhere?

(another thing that you could try is set your Logger's additivity to
false, that way it doesn't "relay" the events to its parent loggers)

On 7/21/05, Mike Wannamaker <Mike.Wannamaker@kingston.hummingbird.com>
wrote:

> Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(strLoggerName);
> setUpLoggerUsingGlobalAppender(logger);
>
>         void setUpLoggerUsingGlobalAppender(Logger log)
>         {
>                 if(m_GlobalAppender == null)
>                 {
>                         try
>                         {
>                                 String strFileName = m_strLoggingDir +
> "/hcsnew.log";
>                                 File    logFile = new File(strFileName);
>                                 boolean bRoll = logFile.exists();
>                             logFile.getParentFile().mkdirs();

if((System.getProperty("use.console.logger")

Javier Gonzalez Nicolini