From James Stauffer <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: use log4j for error transmission?
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 17:43:15 GMT
You could just log the message normally and use an appender to send it
to your server (SocketAppender maybe).  That wouldn't bastardize log4j
at all.

On 5/24/05, Jeff Drew <jeff@tradingmetrics.com> wrote:
> I'd appreciate thoughts on a design question I'm considering.
>
> I would like to send some error messages from my analysis server to another software
module that basically creates the output data.  These modules communicate via an ObjectOutputStream.
 These error messages will have most of the same information as the logging message.  The
presentation will be similar to Chainsaw.

> These basic similarities made me consider using log4j messages as the error message objects.
 I would create a log4j message within my analysis server, then transmit it to the output
module.  The output module might be able to take advantage of Chainsaw.   I'm familiar with
writing log4j messages to Loggers.

--
James Stauffer