From Lutz Michael <michael.h.l...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Software to analyze log4j files?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 21:11:12 GMT

If you're open to commercial products we've found this to be a great tool:

	http://www.xplg.com/

It's web-based, portable, and does exactly what you need.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Smith [mailto:anthony.smith@fedex.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 5:07 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Software to analyze log4j files?

Is their any software out there that analyzes log4j code?

Take for instance my lo4gj is setup to roll my file names making them no
larger than 1MB. To search for errors in the logs, I have to do a grep
or use windows find. I would love a program that when I gave it the base
name for the file, it would pull all of the rolling files together and
then I could search on one file. I was looking for some kind of GUI that
would do this. Likewise, if I wanted to just display all warns or debug
entries it could do just that.

Does this exist today?

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@shs.siemens.com

Thank you