From Jeff Longland <jlong...@uwo.ca>
Subject Socket Appenders and Multiple Clients
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 13:24:46 GMT
The other day I setup three socket appenders on the root category:

log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, J_CHAINSAW, T_CHAINSAW, A_CHAINSAW

T_CHAINSAW and A_CHAINSAW were unavailable at the time, but J_CHAINSAW
was listening.  That said, J_CHAINSAW didn't receive any log events.
When I removed T_CHAINSAW and A_CHAINSAW from the root category, log
events began to flow again to JCHAINSAW.

Is this normal behaviour?  Is the problem with multiple socket appenders
on the root category, or the fact they were unavailable?  Or should I
look at using a sockethubappender instead?

Thanks,
Jeff