From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Another problem: Chainsaw + Log4j - java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.l og4j.Logger
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:02:29 GMT
Make all references to Logger objects either static, or transient.
That way there should be no attempt to serialize them.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Currimbhoy Shahyan [mailto:Shahyan.Currimbhoy@siemens.com]
Sent: 02 December 2004 15:34
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: Another problem: Chainsaw + Log4j -
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.l og4j.Logger

Problem configuring Chainsaw with Log4j.
Each time I run my application, I seem to get log messages generated until a
certain part in the program where it seems to log a write abort error
message:
Caught java.io.IOException: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.log4j.Logger

Intially I kept getting same error on a ton of my other classes. As I
changed those to implement Serializable and they seemed to go away and now
it traces back to org.apache.log4j.Logger.

Any idea why/how this error occurs and how I can resolve it?

-Shahyan.

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@shs.siemens.com

Thank you