From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Setting basic Chainsaw properties (save detail pane settings)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:46:35 GMT
Individual panel state in Chainsaw is lacking in a number of areas:

- Detail panel layout isn't saved
- The size/index of dynamically added columns (properties) in the table aren't remembered
- Find and Refine focus expressions aren't saved (if they were, we'd need to provide a way
to delete them)

Other related issues:
- No way to hide/show dynamic columns
- No way to define a default 'template' that's used to initialize new panels
- Much of the currently saved state (columns/color rules) are stored on disk as serialized
java objects but could be a text/xml-based format

I'm not sure when we'll get to these (no timeline right now).

If you feel like helping out on any of these issues, that'd be great

Scott