From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Strange issue with log4j version 1.2.9
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:50:05 GMT
At 11:41 AM 12/23/2004 -0600, you wrote:
 > There is no other config file other than logger.xml.
 >I do write a java file Logger.java to manually configure logger.xml
 >instead of default.
 >Nope. I do not need to specify the root logger level if I don't need to
 >
 >All these are working, my only issue is that it creates an additional
 >RollingFileAppender file type called example.log on my desktop. This is
 >along with the configured log file...

I still bet that somewhere, in some jar or other location on your
classpath, there is a log4j.properties or log4j.xml that is getting picked
up before you are performing manual configuration.  To test this, change
your config file to log4j.xml and put it in a directory that is the first
thing in the classpath.  I bet the other file doesn't get created anymore.

Jake

 >Thanks
 >
 >Sudhendra (Sudhi) Seshachala
 >Office  : 281-514-0918