From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Strange issue with log4j version 1.2.9
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:26:48 GMT
At 10:27 AM 12/23/2004 -0600, you wrote:

>The logger.xml <<logger.xml>> has has a RollingFileAppender. With file
>name as c:\application_name-debug.log.
>But another file called example.log gets generated whenever I run the
>application eventhough  I have not configured for this file anywhere..
>
>Can any one help me resolve this&.

There is obviously another config file in your path which is getting used
in autoconfiguration before it finds your config file.  If you actually
name your config file "logger.xml", then there is no way your file is
getting picked up unless you manually configure log4j yourself.  Rename it
to log4j.xml and make sure it is in the default package in the
classpath.  I'm not even sure if your configuration will work without
defining a <root> logger as the last entry in the file before
</log4j:configuration> (in other words, I'm not sure if the DOMConfigurator
will find it valid based on the dtd)?  Also, you should be using <logger>
deprecated in favor of the former.

Hope that helps.

Jake