From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: problems with chainsaw build
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:32:36 GMT
At 09:37 AM 12/15/2004 -0800, you wrote:
 >Curt,
 >
 >you need to run the 'chainsaw' target
 >
 >Scott

Scott, why would we allow the build to generate a chainsaw jar that wasn't
valid?  If "jar" is supposed to build all the jar artifacts of the build,
then the "chainsaw" target should be a dependency of the "jar" target.  If
we don't want to have this dependency, then the chainsaw jar should not be
built by running the "jar" target, only the log4j jar.  My view of build
files is that the user should never, ever, be able to run something that
doesn't produce a valid result.  The build should take care of these
dependencies relieving the user of having to think about it.  Any other
behavior is a bug.

Jake