From "Ran//-\\mir " <rao...@myway.com>
Subject Problem with Log4j (Configuration)
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:13:21 GMT

Apologies are mine if this issue is discussed already.
I have two different applications i-e two separate jar files (ApplicationA.jar and ApplicationB.jar).
Both use log4j for logging to separate files (A.txt and B.txt).
Now the scenario is
ApplicationB uses ApplicationA jar file. I have placed ApplicationA.jar and log4j.jar in WEB_INF/lib
folder of ApplicationB. When ApplicationB runs, I expect to get logs in different files but
unfortunately this does not happen. ApplicationA makes some logging in B.txt and ApplicationB
in A.txt. Though both are using different configuration files.
Is this normal? What is the solution to the problem?
Thanking in advance.
Amir