From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Gzip rolled logs
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:46:05 GMT

Hello Davor,

The o.a.l.rolling package (available from CVS) already contains an
implementation of zipped and rolled log files.

Paul: It really already there! :-)

The existing RollingFileAppender and ilk are deprecated. This means
that they are being phased out and will not be enhanced except for bug
fixes.

I propose that you have a look at the current implementation and
compare it with what you have. The criticism by a knowledgeable party
is always highly welcome.

At 10:39 AM 8/2/2004, Paul Smith wrote:
>I don't think there is anything already written with what you've described,
>but I would ask that you try developing it against the lates from CVS Head
>(on the path way to log4j1.3), in particular, the old rolling file appender
>has been deprecated and replaced with a more pluggable rolling mechanism.
>
>See the org.apache.log4j.rolling package available from cvs head.
>If you incorporated your changes to this new package and submitted, I'm
>almost certain it would be well received compared with work done against the
>old DailyRollingFileAppender etc etc.
>Cheers
>Paul Smith

Ceki Gülcü