From "Paul Smith" <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject RE: Gzip rolled logs
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:39:05 GMT
I don't think there is anything already written with what you've described,
but I would ask that you try developing it against the lates from CVS Head
(on the path way to log4j1.3), in particular, the old rolling file appender
has been deprecated and replaced with a more pluggable rolling mechanism.

See the org.apache.log4j.rolling package available from cvs head.
If you incorporated your changes to this new package and submitted, I'm
almost certain it would be well received compared with work done against the
old DailyRollingFileAppender etc etc.
Cheers
Paul Smith