From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: How to add new level
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:14:52 GMT
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, yacout dadoun wrote:

| What i need is to alert a group of people each time a specific kind of
| events happens, like lake of disc space, do a task manually cause it fails
| automatically etc...so i'd like to call an alert that sends email to a
| specific group.
| If i  add a new level i can call it each time one of these events happen,
| and in my log4j xml file i'll caree an SMTP apender that send email to this
| groupd each time an alert is called

Make a new -Logger- instead, with a new category-name, like
"The.same.name.as.the.normal.one.MANUAL_INTERVENTION_NEEDED", then you'd
make your logconfig.xml send those via mail (SMTPAppender, I believe) to
the appropriate persons.

This is definately what you'd want to do in this situation.

On a side note, the "trace" level is actually coming in 1.3 (yeah yeah),
but it is a level that's above "debug", that is, finer and more vebose
than debug.

Endre