From "Perry, Mike" <MPE...@kheaa.com>
Subject RE: chainsaw v2 - newb
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:13:26 GMT
hey, thanks for the quick reply.    We are unable to go to 1.4 right now,
because of some upgrade issues on our app server.   I will follow your
advice so that I can use 1.3 thanks again.   this is a fantastic product,
can't wait to get it up and running.

Mike Perry
502-696-7348
"If two people always agree, then one of them is not needed".

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:sdeboy@comotivsystems.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 11:10 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: chainsaw v2 - newb

Hi Mike,

JDK 1.3 didn't include the jars required to support XML, but JDK 1.4 did.

Your two options: upgrade to jdk1.4 or download xercesImpl.jar and
xml-apis.jar from Apache's XML site and copy those into jdk1.3's jre/lib/ext
directory (http://xml.apache.org) - get the latest Xerces Java 2 download
and extract it - you should find the jars there.

Take care,
Scott