From "Schuhmacher, Bret" <Bret.Schuhmac...@Aspect.com>
Subject RE: Anyone using SNMPTrapAppender?
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:02:40 GMT
Thanks for the idea, Scott.  I don't know anything about MDC (yet), but
I'll look into it! :-)  Ideally what I'd like is something of a cross
between a printf and an ODBC parameter binding.  Each specified variable
piece of text would get it's own varbind, based on the delimited
conversion pattern.  For example, if I write this:
myLog.debug("Host: <" + strHostXYZ + "> port: <" + intPortXYZ + ">
reported error: <" + strErrorXYZ + ">");

The conversion pattern would strip out the stuff in the brackets and put
each in its own SNMP varbind.  That's what I thought the
DelimitedConversionPattern class would do for me.  But, hey, I've got
the source, right? ;-)

Rgds,

Bret