From "Schuhmacher, Bret" <Bret.Schuhmac...@Aspect.com>
Subject RE: Anyone using SNMPTrapAppender?
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:52:30 GMT
Mark, you're absolutely right, adding the hostname is redundant to an
SNMP message.  That was a bad example of what I'm trying to do, though.
I've got connections to other machines and when those go down I want to
include the hostname of the machine to which I was connected, which is
different from what I wrote in my example.  I was just trying to keep
the example concise.  And, yes, I'm also using rolling file appenders,
too, so the hostname is important in the example I sent :-).

Thanks for all your assistance!!!

Rgds,

Bret