From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Questions about chainsaw2
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:10:31 GMT
Can you use an xml configuration file for Chainsaw?

If so, on the 'Welcome' tab, there's a 'View example Receiver
configuration' which shows an example XML file which can be used with
Chainsaw and loads a number of receivers.

Save the contents of this config to an .xml file on your drive, and add
this to the config file  (change the pattern to match the pattern in
your file):

   <plugin name="patternFile"
class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
	<param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-d HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
	<param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL [LOGGER]
MESSAGE"/>
	<param name="fileName" value="c:/server.log"/>
	<param name="tailing" value="true"/>
   </plugin>

Once you've created the config file, you can have it loaded
automatically:

View menu, show application preferences
Specify the path to the config file in the General-automatic
configuration field.

Hope this helps,
Scott