From Erik Smith <ersm...@ucsd.edu>
Subject Throwable with every log for scope nesting
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:38:01 GMT
I've been trying to find a way to get the scope level, which I define as
the StackElements[].length() at the log call, available to a Layout
object.  Unfortunately, the Throwable object is only available when you
explicitly call it.  log4j could be modified to pass it with each call as
an option, but this would probably not be consistent with what most objects
that use a LoggingEvent expect.   Is there some other way to get the call
stack?

The reason I want it is so that I can indent my logging output based on the
call stack.

erik